What I learned from Knox

May 25, 2007
4:25 PM

I am outing myself as a member of a message board but they aren't just strangers and actually some of them I do know personally. This is a group of lovely Christian women who love their families and strive to do as the Lord desires. They have been and still are prayer warriors for our family. Besides, praying for us they have done other things as well...one of which is writing down what they learned from Knox. So every so often I am going to post some of them. They are from differnet people so there will be some things repeated. Thanks Aunties! And for all you HK Aunties reading, I am fighting myself to not edit the stuff about me and I started at the back and am going forward just like I read a magazine...no clue why! ;)

I have learned how deeply my heart can ache for a "friend".

I have learned that I need to treasure every time my toddler needs a cuddle.

I have learned that every memory, no matter how small and silly it may seem, is a treasure and a blessing.

I have learned that my children understand the pain of another child. My children hurt for Rachel's.

I was shown even greater what a treasure of a mom Rachel is; I know her children call her blessed.

I have learned that HK is a place full of sweet and wonderful women who are there; always. And Kiersten is a one of kind treasure.



I learned...

That I can be broken for a 'stranger'.
That I can pray more than I ever imagined.
That the Lord is good even when it doesn't FEEL like He is.
That the internet has truly made neighbors of the world.
That I can grieve deeply for a little boy with blond curls and adorable smile as though I'd personally lost someone very close.
That grief doesn't end even when life goes on.
That I need to learn to TRUST and obey... not just obey.
That baths can be treasured.
That friends who are there for you are worth more than rubies.
That God truly will wipe all tears away... someday.
That the day could come when hugs are something I crave.

No comments: