The funeral service

June 9, 2007
12:57 PM

Knox's funeral service was recorded. I debated a long time about whether or not to put the link on here or not, but I have to tell you that it was more than a funeral. As someone said to me, "There is a lot of truth in it that we all need to hear" which why even though I didn't think I would ever listen to it, I have and I am sure I will listen to it again. Part of it did get left out. We sang "Beneath the Blood-Stained Lintel" to the tune of "O Sacred Head Now Wounded" and "Jesus Lover of my Soul" and in between those songs there were some New Testament Readings. All that took place right before Jon spoke.

http://www.wpc-bryan.org/joomla/ and the link is on the right side where you see Knox's picture.

Hope it blesses someone.

BENEATH THE BLOOD STAINED LINTEL

Beneath the blood-stained lintel I with my children stand.
A messenger of evil Is passing through the land.
There is no other refuge from the destroyer's face.
Beneath the blood-stained lintel shall be our hiding place.

The Lamb of God has suffered our sins and griefs He bore,
By faith the blood is sprinkled above our dwelling's door.
The foe who seeks to enter doth fear that sacred sign,
Tonight the blood-stained lintel shall shelter me and mine.

My Savior, for my dear ones I claim Thy promise true.
The Lamb is "for the household" - the children's Savior too.
On earth the little children once felt Thy touch divine;
Beneath the blood-stained lintel Thy blessing give to mine.

O thou who gave them, guard them, those wayward little feet,
The wilderness before them, the ills of life to meet.
My mother love is helpless, I trust them to Thy care!
Beneath the blood-stained lintel, oh, keep me ever there!

The faith I rest upon Thee Thou will not disappoint;
With wisdom, Lord, to train them, my shrinking heart anoint.
Without my children, Father, I cannot see Thy face;
I plead the blood-stained lintel, Thy covenant of grace.

Oh, wonderful Redeemer, Who suffered for our sake,
When o'er the guilty nations the judgment storm shall break,
With joy from that safe shelter may we then meet Thine eye,
Beneath the blood-stained lintel, my children, Lord, an I.

Jesus Lover of My Soul
  1. Jesus, lover of my soul,
    Let me to Thy bosom fly,
    While the nearer waters roll,
    While the tempest still is high.
    Hide me, O my Savior, hide,
    Till the storm of life is past;
    Safe into the haven guide;
    Oh, receive my soul at last.
  2. Other refuge have I none,
    Hangs my helpless soul on Thee;
    Leave, ah! leave me not alone,
    Still support and comfort me.
    All my trust on Thee is stayed,
    All my help from Thee I bring;
    Cover my defenseless head
    With the shadow of Thy wing.
  3. Wilt Thou not regard my call?
    Wilt Thou not accept my prayer?
    Lo! I sink, I faint, I fall—
    Lo! on Thee I cast my care.
    Reach me out Thy gracious hand!
    While I of Thy strength receive,
    Hoping against hope I stand,
    Dying, and behold, I live.
  4. Thou, O Christ, art all I want,
    More than all in Thee I find;
    Raise the fallen, cheer the faint,
    Heal the sick, and lead the blind.
    Just and holy is Thy Name,
    Source of all true righteousness;
    Thou art evermore the same,
    Thou art full of truth and grace.
  5. Plenteous grace with Thee is found,
    Grace to cover all my sin;
    Let the healing streams abound;
    Make and keep me pure within.
    Thou of life the fountain art,
    Freely let me take of Thee;
    Spring Thou up within my heart;
    Rise to all eternity.
  6.  

New Testament Readings

John 14:1-3

Romans 8-28-35;37-39

Revelation 21: 1-5

No comments: