A Debtor to Mercy Alone

September 24, 2007
9:04 AM

I was going to put this song on my blog yesterday as we sang it in church and I like to post songs that are meaningful to me from worship, but I forgot my worship folder and have a terrible memory as to words and lines, but this morning I woke up singing it in my head, but just the one line "His promise is yea and amen" but couldn't remember the rest so I whistled it for Jon ( I tried to hum it but that didnt work--heehee) so he could tell me the name and I could look it up.



A Debtor to Mercy Alone

1. A debtor to mercy alone,
Of covenant mercy I sing;
Nor fear, with Thy righteousness on,
My person and offering to bring.
The terrors of law and of God
With me can have nothing to do;
My Savior's obedience and blood
Hide all my transgressions from view 

2. The work which His goodness began,
The arm of His strength will complete;
His promise is yea and amen,
And never was forfeited yet.
Things future, nor things that are now,
Not all things below nor above
Can make Him His purpose forego,
Or sever my soul from His love. 

3. My name from the palms of His hands
Eternity will not erase;
Impressed on His heart it remains
In marks of indelible grace.
Yes, I to the end shall endure,
As sure as the earnest is given
More happy, but not more secure,
The glorified spirits in heaven. 

©1998, Kevin Twit Music.

No comments: