Our pleasant surprise

May 13, 2007
4:19 PM

or remembering the day I knew for sure I was expecting Knox. Jon had just accepted a job requiring a move from MS to TX. We had all gone out there together while he interviewed and I suspected I was pregnant then but kept it to myself. I took a test the same day that he took the job. He came home for lunch that day and I looked at him and said, "What would you say if I said I wanted another baby?" He said without hesitation, "Great!! Let's go for it!" I guess I was looking a little out of whack because he suddenly stops and asks why. I hold out the test and his mouth fell open, but his enthusiasm didn't wane. I knew he would be excited but thought he might be stressed out with moving and everything. You know I can't even remember how long we waited to tell people but I do know we told the kids pretty quickly and they actually kept it to themselves for a while. They were very excited about a new sibling just as they have been every time. We referred to him as our pleasant surprise. We didn't ask for him but God gave him to us anyway and for that we are grateful. In the 18 months we had him, I thanked God many times for giving us what we didn't know we needed....a Matthew Knox Anderson...a little blonde-haired blue-eyed boy with a contagious grin that brought us all joy every day.

The best gifts are always the unexpected gifts.

No comments: