We are back...

October 14, 2007
11:38 PM

from our week in MS. First Presbyterian Church of Jackson, MS has a camp, Twin Lakes; they gave us a great gift of a week in one of their lodges which is my way to camp!! Thank you First Pres!! Anyway, I am sure that I will be putting pictures of the trip on my other blog in the next day or two. On the way there, I was reminded of one of the last times that we travelled that way through TX and across Lousiana and MS on our way to KY. Anne Michal was thinking about the same trip and we chatted about the memories as we drove.

We hadn't gotten very far...maybe an hour or two outside of Bryan when Knox threw up all over himself and his carseat. Needless to say it was gross. Have you ever tried to clean throw up out of a carseat. We took the cover off and poured water over it, scaped the straps...sorry to gross you out but really you need to experience this . I had a change of clothes so we cleaned him up and threw away the outfit he had on it was so bad. At this point, I suggested we just turn around and go home. I had already experienced several trips where we all traded off the throw-ups and really wasn't relishing the idea again. Besides I was afraid that if we exposed our relatives to it once again they might just start telling us to stay home!! HAHA!!! Jon didn't think we needed to go home. I practically begged. He won and I lost. So we buckled him back in and put Anne Michal on throw-up patrol. Her responsibilities involved keeping him covered with a blanket and at the first sign of cookie tossing to hold it up under his mouth and catch it. The girl deserves a medal; she did a most excellent job!!! We made it to our destination with just another episode or two and no outrageous messes thanks to Anne Michal!!


And I don't think anyone else got sick!! So I guess Jon did a good thing in not listening to me!!!

No comments: