Thanksgiving 2006

November 23, 2007
8:45 PM

Thanksgiving 2006 is a pretty clear memory in my mind. For one thing, my grandfather died that day, which I think helped etch the events of that day in my mind especially those after I received the phonecall. We had Thanksgiving at our house which we have only done a handful of times since we have been married. Most often we have gone to my parents house, but having moved so far away, it wasn't possible to go for so short a holiday. We had two families from church over for dinner with their kids. Since we couldn't all fit in our dining room, we set up tables in the living room and served dinner there. Knox was into everything that day...not really his norm...maybe he was just showing off!!! Anyway, he had recently learned to climb the stairs and since we were right there by them he kept climbing up and I kept pulling him off. He thought is was quite a fun game and any discipline didn't really seem to daunt him any. We all enjoyed watching Knox, Alexis, and Willl...all the little ones that day and of course ate lots of food. The next day I braved the Toys R Us crowds to get some baby gates! We are thankful that we got to spend Thanksgiving 2006 with Knox. Here are some pictures from that day. If I could remember where I put my CD's of pictures when we moved I could post some more, but these will have to do.



No comments: