Hugs

January 23, 2008
6:16 PM

I know all moms think their kids are the cutest, the sweetest, the brightest....but it is impossible for me to describe the kind of kid Knox was and how we all felt about him. From the beginning, he always felt like a part of our family as though we had always had him. He was so easy going and very pleasant. He was always so loveable and huggable. Everyone of us adored him. He never lacked any attention or any one to play with. I was constantly calling Elizabeth back to her school work. These were her excuses: but Knox needed me, he wanted me to play with him, he wanted me to read him this book, I had to get him a toy. Jack and he played for hours with cars and trains. Anne Michal loved to play outside with him and was always ready to help feed him breakfast or whatever he needed. Emmas had become addicted to having him sit on her lap and wanted to be close to him. He was getting to the age of becoming more of a Daddy's boy, running to the door when Jon came home to give him a big hug.

He was always a pick-me-up; he made everyone happy. Having a rough day? Knox would quickly put a smile on your face. As Anne Michal has said, he gave the best hugs and was not stingy with them at all. She was crying the other night because she wanted a hug from him and couldn't have one.That is a terrible, empty feeling. I still feel myself picking him up and holding him all the time. I never got tired of it(ok...realistically I probably did, but not really); I loved holding him and carrying him around. The kids never tired of playing with him and always wanted him included in whatever they were doing. They didn't see him as the pesky little brother or in the way because of the things they couldn't do because of his naps or schedule.

It is hard to not have him any more. We miss him. We are sad that Molly/Christian will never get a Knox hug. We'll have to make up for the lack of them. He was a dear, dear boy; and there could never be another little boy quite like him.

No comments: