Seeing more clearly

October 3, 2007
4:37 PM

Before Knox died, I had what I think of as a charmed life. You know, things always seemed to work out. No real struggles or difficulty. I know I wasn't very good at seeing the hardships of others or understanding them at least. I do those things more clearly now. It is easier for me to understand that we all have our ways of suffering and our grief. I understand better my friends who can't have children and those who have miscarried as they mourn for what might have been; I understand that grief. I see those that deal with financial hardship over and over, and I understand that they are suffering and that it is there every day to be dealt with. I understand better the pain of losing a job because I know what it is like to be afraid of the future. It is much easier for me now to see ways that others suffer and while I don't and can't know exactly what they are feeling, I know how I feel and I understand the difficulty and in general, I just understand loss whether it is a person, a job, security...

No comments: