Grief is a very lonely thing

January 11, 2008
3:12 PM

I read that on someone else's blog who had lost a child and it struck a chord with me. I don't remember what she said abotu it, but I recognized the truth in what she said. It doesn't matter how many family or friends you have with you; you are still alone with your thoughts. You have all those moments that only you have shared with the one you lost. You have memories that no one else shares. No one has the same experience I have had with him while he was living, in the hospital, and in mourning. It is really a rather sobering thought...no one can miss him like I do just like no one can miss him like Jon or Anne Michal or Elizabeth or Emma or Jack or you. Yes, there are things that you share with others and comfort in mourning with others and knowing that others miss him too; yet, it is still lonely.

No comments: