God's Sovereignty

January 13, 2008
5:24 PM

This is actually something I wrote a while ago as a reminder to myself when I start stirring the pot. I was reminded of it today, as we recited the Heidelberg Catechism #1 today in church as we often do.

God’s sovereignty


After Hannah, Marian, and I together pieced together the events of April 13th, 2007, there are only 2 possible conclusions. Either we were bound together in the most bizarre unfortunate order of events leading to Knox’s accident concluding that it was just a series of dumb bad luck or that God is indeed in complete control. In pondering this, I was thinking how if instead a series of amazing events led up to some miraculous saving of his life that shouldn’t have happened, we would have been singing God’s praises and telling everyone we knew how God’s hand was in it and how he protected him and put everyone in the right place at the right time. Instead it was as though everyone was in the wrong place at the wrong time, but was God still not there? Was He still not in control? Thank the Lord, He is sovereign and in control.

No comments: