Losing Sight

November 18, 2007
11:05 PM

I had a really rough week. I felt like I did those early weeks when all I could do was cry and by Friday that seemed to be all I was doing. I knew I was spiralling down, but I didn't know why my sadness felt so intense and why I felt so utterly helpless to be anything but sad. I don't even remember exactly what happened(the holy spirt's prodding perhaps), but at some point I realized that I had lost sight of my hope...my hope in Christ and what he had done and lost sight of where Knox was and who he was with. I had lost sight that this world is temporal and the heaven is eternal. It doesn't take away the sadness, but sadness without hope is extremely ugly and unbearable so I thank God for the hope he has given me...that Christ suffered the humiliation and pain on the cross that despite my own sin I can have the hope of eternal life in heaven with him and that my family will be united again and when it happens this life will seem but like a short breath.

No comments: