wonder why?

May 12, 2008
11:35 PM

Ever wonder why we would have another child?  We decided a long time ago that we didn't want to stop having children for selfish reasons like thinking we could afford them or it would take too much or "our" time; I would think selfish reasons would look different for different people but that really isn't even what this is about.  When Knox died, we could add another reason to not have another child: fear. The fear being setting ourselves up for the potential of more heartache, grief and loss. So we found ourselves at a point of not having another child being either selfish or driven by fear.  But we also believe that the Bible is clear that children are a blessing. So if we were to let ourselves be ruled by our fear then we would miss out.  I have already made it clear numerous times that we feel Knox was a blessing even though we only had him a short time; we'd never go back and change not having him.  That would be ridiculous.  This, however,  doesn't cancel out the fear.  That is hard.  One of the kids was having trouble sleeping tonight and may still be awake because she is worried about the baby.  What if he dies?  It is hard; I can't tell her he won't.  I can't promise he'll be healthy.  All I can do is tell her is to trust God and believe in his sovereign goodness that what He does is right.  Two years ago, I would have reassured her that he would be fine.  Don't worry. Nothing will happen. Now I tell her..trust God.  He is good.  He does not call us to live lives of fear and anxiety.  We cast our cares on Him.  And so I tell myself these things too.

No comments: