Scrapbooking

May 10, 2008
3:06 AM

I have been working on Knox's babybook/scrapbook.  Jon took charge of the kids last weekend and I mostly secluded myself in a hotel to spread it all out and work on it.  I felt the need to be by myself and work on it in solitude.  I didn't quite finish as there were some unexpected blips in the weekend, but finished most of it today.  I have a few odds and ends to finish and then I'll be done.  Anyway, when I started I didn't really know exactly what I wanted to do.  I feel like especially after doing this blog that I have most of his pictures memorized, but I realized as I started that I didn't want it to be a memorial; I mean it will be because it is about his life, but I created it as though he were still alive just as I have the other kids(the ones I have actually finished that is).  I wanted it to read as though he could sit down as an older child and flip through it and read about his babyhood.  I think I accomplished that; there isn't tons of journaling but mostly words in pictures with stories thrown in here and there.  I realized that this blog is his memorial where I have spoken of happy times with him, the memories, but also the pain and suffering of the grief we have gone through accompanied by the comfort and hope of a Heavenly Father.  I wanted his scrapbook to be something different, more of a storybook.  Thanks to everyone that helped the weekend happen and to the kids for being such good sports about being without Mom for a few days.

No comments: