Things That are Hard

April 26, 2008
11:57 PM

Knox would be 2 1/2 tomorrow.  When I think about that, it makes me feel like I don't know him any more.  The Knox I know is 1 1/2, small in stature and short on words.  He didn't say I love you yet; at least not in words.  I have to wonder...would he be talking in complete sentences? Or would he still be pointing and signing please?  What would he look like  with a big-boy haircut.  Because he surely would have one by now.  Would he still be obsessed with cars and trains.  Probably, who wouldn't with a big brother to play those with every day.    How much would he have grown?  Would he have closed in the gap between him and Jack? Would he be learning to ride a tricycle?  Would he enjoy playing at the splashpad or would still cry when water got in his eyes.  Would he still eat a banana first thing every morning or would he have a new favorite food.  What would be his new favorite book?  Would he be able to kick a soccer ball around with Jack.  He'd be going to worship with us.  How would he be doing? Would I have to take him out every week? Would he still want  to get to the front where Jon was standing? Would he be able to sing the doxology with us? The questions  are neverending and I'll never know. That is hard!

No comments: