A Letter to Jack

March 6, 2008
5:45 PM

Dear Jack,
Even when you are old enough to read and understand this, you are still not really go to know how what you mean to me in relation to your brother Knox. When I hold you and watch you play, I remember when there were two little boys. When I hold you on my lap and stroke your hair, it reminds me of what it was like to hold Knox and stroke his hair. Yes, his hair felt different. It was finer and silkier; the hair of a toddler not a four year old, but it still places me in a time before. I feel the snuggles and the closeness. You have always been a cuddiler and a hugger just like Knox and for that I am thankful. When I watch you play, I see you driving your cars and playing your trains, and I remember when you had a little brother by your side playing along with you. I remember how he had quite an amazing attention span for such a little guy to be content to drive and drive and drive some more. I remember how he like to play with you and not just along side you. I remember how you shared with him and let him have his way from time to time because you loved him. When I see you carrying around Little Lightening, I remember how much he liked "Cars", and the way he yelled, "Mac! Mac!" at the tv screen. I remember the obsession you all shared. As I watch you grow and develop, I know Knox would have been right there beside you sharing in your good and bad times. Now, as you talk about him, about what he liked and didn't liked and how he followed you around and how much you loved him, it makes my heart weep tears of joy and sadness as I know you won't forget him and will always love him. You will always help me to remember what he was like and to cherish the time we had with him. Thank you.

Love,
Mommy

No comments: