The Chair

April 5, 2008
11:33 PM

Do you see this sad little chair?


I should be embarrassed  to publicize it but I am not because since the day I brought it home from the Palmer Home Thrift Store,it has been a favorite.  Actually, it didnt' look that bad when I brought it home and I had every intention of  recovering.  I have never done that before but it seemed like a good learning  project.Now it is worn and threadbare  and you can feel the frame through the material,but it still is not recovered.  It is,however, on "the list."  Well, Knox loved this chair just as much as everyone else and as you can see his basket of board books sit right beside it. Who can resist a chair and a basket of books.

The chair is much cuter with a Knox decoration,huh?


He also  liked to use the chair as a slide. He would stand up in it and then slide down the back of the chair over and over again.See it was just too valuable to trash like people kept suggesting I do.  ;)

Elizabeth and a younger Knox sharing the chair.

Where is the chair now? We still have it. I think there would be mutiny if I tried to get rid of  it now.  It resides in Emma and Elizabeth's walk-in closet as a "get-away" spot. And yes I still have plans to  recover it and even have the fabric picked out.  I just need to buy it and do it. But it just won't be the same.

No comments: